On the 14th of December, we went to the college and asked to use certain equipment for the film. We borrowed a 50mm lens, a boom stick, an LED light and a Tripod.
A few days before the filming, me and Luis went on Skype to discuss the script, the location and the time we would have to meet so that we arrive at Tate Modern just as it got dark, which was at around 4pm. This is the script and plan we made for the day with the locations and times.
For the next couple scenes, we went on a different street and filmed the scene of my death, the crime scene and the final scene of the detective following the brother (siam) and the killer (jayden) aiming a gun at the detective.
After we got home, Ethan put all the footage into separate files for the different scenes to make it easier for me to edit. He uploaded them all onto Google drive and onto a USB so I could transfer all the footage onto my computer at home.
I edited the trailer on Sony Vegas Pro 11. I started off with importing the music into Sony Vegas and putting on the footage one by one while syncing it with the music and making sure every time the camera cut, it connected into each shot. I also edited the way the sound track was arranged by cutting it at different parts and fading it into each other so it sounded natural. I did this so that the music flowed with the story, for example when the trailer got more intense, the pace of the sound track increased but the original soundtrack did not escalate at that time so I had to put the fast pace part where it was most necessary.
After adding all the footage in and syncing it all together, I added the colour correction of the film. I did this using Magic Bullet Looks, a plug in which is good for colour correction.
I used a variety of effects on Magic Bullet Looks to have the final result with the right colour correction. As shown in the screenshot above, I even used an atmospheric flare to make the lights stand out in the background.
The lift Gamma-Gain effect helped me get the right tint on the image which gave it a very slight blue colour which many Film Noir movies had after doing some research.
The contrast effect was used to help make a stronger difference between the dark and the light to give it more of the film noir effect.
After having the right colour correction, I added the sound effects which I downloaded from the internet and the voice overs that we recorded in class. I edited the sound so that the background noise was reduced and the sound was slighty louder so the audience would clearly be able to hear the actors more clearly over the sound track and sound effects.